Family FOTOA digital open call to share your images and ideas of what family means to you
How do you define family? Now close your eyes and picture it.
Family FOTO is your chance to share images that represent family. Serpentine would like to see all kinds of examples, from kinship to friendship.
Be part of this international family album, inspired by our new exhibition – James Barnor: Accra/London – A Retrospective.
For Barnor, family and community were a constant source of inspiration in his photography. This photo call-out is an invitation to dust off your family album, scroll through your phone or take a selfie to remember. We are looking for new interpretations of family taken across decades, old and new.
Select images will be featured on our social channels & online gallery in Summer 2021. Follow the conversation online with #SerpentineFamilyFOTO
Share your submissions below until 31 July.
Terms and Conditions
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SERPENTINE WEBSITE / USER GENERATED CONTENT
- By sharing and uploading any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio-visual material) with Serpentine you agree to grant to Serpentine, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Serpentine services in any existing or future media worldwide (including on Serpentine’s site accessed by international users). We won’t use your content for commercial purposes but we may use your content to promote our platform. If your content contains third party material e.g. images, video, music etc you must have obtained the necessary third party permissions to use the material.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it, including licensing that material to other websites.
- In order that Serpentine can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Serpentine permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 18. For the avoidance of doubt, the content must not infringe any third party’s legal rights.
- If you do not want to grant Serpentine the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with Serpentinegalleries.org
- Serpentine does not necessarily (and is not obliged to) pre-moderate all material submitted by you to Serpentinegalleries.org, however, Serpentine reserves the right to:
- monitor any material submitted to our website, regardless of any public / private settings attributed by you
- edit or remove any material submitted to our website without prior notice or any liability to you