Serpentine’s public wi-fi service (the Service) is provided by The Serpentine Trust (Serpentine).
Use of your personal data
The Service operates on an open wireless network and is therefore not inherently secure. Please be aware that:
- Serpentine cannot guarantee the security of the service against unlawful access or use. It is your responsibility to make sure that the equipment you use to access this service is adequately protected against external threats, including viruses.
- Serpentine does not guarantee the confidentiality of the information, files and data you may wish to exchange over the internet.
- By using this Service you accept and acknowledge the risks associated with connecting unprotected systems to an unsecured network.
You may not use the Service for:
- The creation and/or transmission of any offensive, obscene or indecent images, data or other material
- Violating the privacy of others
- Infringing the intellectual property rights of others
- To harass, defame, libel, slander, intimidate, impersonate or otherwise abuse another person
- Hacking or distribution of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code
- Accessing systems, data or resources to which you are not authorised
- Unsolicited bulk communications
- Excessive use of network bandwidth
- Any use that does not comply with the law
- Any use that may interfere with the normal running of the Service or with others’ use of the Service
The Service is provided with no guarantee that it will be compatible with your equipment, and no warranty that the Service will be adequate, available at all times, uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components.
Serpentine reserves the right to withdraw the Service at any time without prior warning. Your access to the service may be blocked, suspended or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to disruption of the service or any infringement by you of the acceptable use policy.
Use of the Service is entirely at your own risk and notwithstanding anything else in these terms of service, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Serpentine excludes all warranties (whether express or implied) and all liability to you in respect of the Service and your use of it including but not limited to all liability for loss of information or damages resulting from that loss.
Using the Service gives access to information provided by other organisations, over whose content and availability Serpentine has no control. Serpentine does not assume liability for content made available by third parties.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.