THINKING OF YOU. I MEAN ME. I MEAN YOU.
- First solo institutional exhibition in London in over 20 years, presented both at Serpentine South and in the public realm
- The site-specific exhibition will feature Kruger’s iconic pieces reconfigured in recent years as video works, including Untitled (I shop therefore I am) (1987/2019) and Untitled (Your body is a battleground) (1989/2019)
At Serpentine South
1 February – 17 March 2024
Press view: Wednesday 31 January, 9.30-12pm
Serpentine is honoured to present a solo exhibition of recent works by American artist Barbara Kruger (b. 1945, Newark, New Jersey, USA). The exhibition will be presented at Serpentine South from 1st February to 17th March 2024 and in the public realm with Outernet Arts.
Titled Thinking of You. I Mean Me. I Mean You. the exhibition will feature a unique selection of installations, moving image works, and multiple soundscapes installed across the Serpentine building, bookshop, and outside banners, as well as on large-scale, immersive wraparound screens at Outernet Arts.
It will be the artist’s first solo institutional show in London in over 20 years and a return to Serpentine. Kruger previously exhibited at Serpentine in 1994 as part of the group exhibition Wall to Wall.
NO PORTRAIT OF BARBARA KRUGER CAN BE USED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
The enclosed high-res images are on loan to you and are accepted by you under the following terms and conditions:
- That the reproductions are accompanied by the name of the artist, the title and date of work, the owner and the credit line;
- That the reproductions are not cropped, overprinted, overlaid with text, tinted or subject to any form of derogatory treatment, without the prior approval of the copyright owner;
- That the images are only reproduced to illustrate the press work for the upcoming exhibition at Serpentine;
– special terms are determined with the artist –
- That any reproductions that accompany an article are not used for marketing or advertising purposes without permission, including but not limited to posters, postcards and brochures;
- That the reproductions must not be stored for future use;
- The use of a single image to illustrate a double-page spread is not permitted without prior authorisation.
All press inquiries regarding additional reproduction of images must be directed to the attention of Serpentine.
The condition for publication is that no portrait of the artist is published.
No copyright sign “©” is needed in this case in the credit lines.
You may use the images on your website and social media channels, subject to the above terms. Do not use @barbarakruger45, this is not the artist’s account.
Front Covers: The use of images for front covers may attract a fee and will require the prior authorisation of the owner of the work.
Please contact Nicolas Smirnoff at email@example.com for any questions.