Terms and Conditions - Ticketing
All tickets to Serpentine are subject to these ticketing terms
These terms and conditions apply to all tickets for entry to Serpentine North & South Galleries, London UK. In these terms, the ‘you’ and ‘your’ refers to the person who has booked, or is holding, the relevant ticket.
These terms apply to the following types of ticket (together ‘Tickets’) and any donation made in relation to such Tickets:
- Exhibition Entry Tickets: being for general admission to Serpentine, separate tickets are issued for North and South Galleries;
- Event Tickets: being for entry into on-site and off-site Serpentine events;
1. Terms for all Tickets
Our acceptance of your order of any Ticket will take place when we email you a booking confirmation. Visitors who provide a mobile number on booking will receive tickets via SMS. These will serve as official tickets for entry.
There shall be no entry to Serpentine without an Exhibition Entry Ticket. All persons using such Tickets agree to be bound to these terms as a condition of entry to Serpentine, regardless as to whether or not they were the booker of the Tickets.
At this time the maximum number of Tickets which may be booked for Gallery Entry or an exhibition in a single transaction is 22. Group bookings with specific requirements need to complete Group Booking form on Serpentine website and are confirmed at the discretion of Serpentine. Tickets shall be provided for an allotted time for entry to Serpentine and each ticket is only valid for one admission. Tickets are valid only for the date and time stated on your ticket.
Entrance is in 15-minute windows; for instance, if you have a 11am Ticket you will be allowed entrance between 11am and 11.15am. We recommend you arrive 5 minutes before your stated time slot. To ensure visitors have the very best experience with us, Serpentine may stagger visitor entry within the time slot they have booked.
In respect of all Tickets, you agree:
In respect of all Tickets, you agree:
- to comply with all directions given by us or our representatives. This may include:
- – directions in relation to health and safety and, in particular, requirements in respect of the containment of the Coronavirus pandemic with regards to social distancing, use of facilities, wearing of personal protective equipment or use of hygiene products;
- – checks and regulations in relation to security which may include confiscating items which may be illegal, cause danger or disruption to Serpentine, the works or other visitors;
- – requirements in respect of queuing; and
- – the use of designated routes within Serpentine;
- you shall remain within the public areas of Serpentine;
- cloakroom facilities are not available and therefore it will not be possible to deposit baggage and other items. You will not be allowed to enter Serpentine with an oversized bag such as luggage, scooters (with exception of mobility scooters), and foldable bikes;
- the consumption of food and drink in exhibition spaces unless otherwise indicated is prohibited;
- smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited throughout Serpentine’s campus including in the queue for entry;
- non commercial use of photographic, film and video equipment is permitted unless otherwise indicated, the use of tripods is prohibited across Serpentine, and the use of flash requires permission from Serpentine staff;
- any ticket re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain, or otherwise obtained in breach of these terms and conditions, shall be void and the holder may be refused entry or ejected from Serpentine. Void tickets are non-refundable; and
- commercial, promotional and trading activities are not permitted at Serpentine without our express prior written permission;
Serpentine reserves the right, absolutely and at its sole discretion to:
- potentially refuse admission to Serpentine, which may include if you arrive late or on the wrong day or after our opening hours ;
- cancel any Ticket (and if applicable refund or offer an alternative visit date in respect of Exhibition Entry Tickets as further described below).
2.Terms for Exhibition Entry Tickets and Event Tickets
The following terms apply to Exhibition Entry Tickets and Event Tickets:
Before your Ticket booking is finalised, you will be asked to confirm that the personal details you have provided to us and your ticket requirements are correct. Once your order has been confirmed by you, we cannot accept responsibility for misrepresenting personal data arising as a result of incorrect information provided by you at the time of booking your ticket(s).
Refunds and Returns
Free tickets may be cancelled or exchanged dependent on availability and at the discretion of Serpentine. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds on paid tickets unless Serpentine is closed due to an emergency, or if an event (or exhibition time slot) is cancelled by Serpentine. Serpentine is unable to refund donations made as part of any ticket purchase.
Tickets will not be cancelled or refunded as a result of adverse weather conditions if an event or exhibition still goes ahead. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.