Back to Earth: Can I Get Back To You?
Artists, Poets and Curators think about where the environmental and the artistic truly meet?
Victoria Sin and Lucia Pietroiusti welcome the Back to Earth curators; Hans Ulrich Obrist, Rebecca Lewin and Kostas Stasinopolous to think about six months down the line, 8 episodes later what is the past present and future of the 65+ campaigns for the environment?
Can I Get Back To You? The concluding episode of this podcast season examines the past, present and future of the Back to Earth project, which invites artists to respond to climate emergency.
- How do you see Back to Earth contributing to environmental work?
- Is Back to Earth trying to change minds or hearts?
- When you are lost, or need inspiration, who or what do you turn to?
- How does the future affect your thinking around environmental damage and remediation?
- Where are we now and where could we be going?
Featuring work by Himali Singh Soin and Dario Villanueva, and a poem by Bhanu Kapil, written for Back to Earth, Instruction for mixed groups of artists, poets, activists and all those working for climate justice in the coming time, read by Kapil.
Presented by Victoria Sin and Lucia Pietroiusti, and featuring Hans Ulrich Obrist, Rebecca Lewin and Kostas Stasinopoulos. Produced by Jack Howson for Reduced Listening and Holly Shuttleworth, Serpentine Galleries.
Back to Earth is supported by Fiorucci Art Trust, Nicoletta Fiorucci Russo De Li Galli and Outset Contemporary Art Fund.